Forum GLASSgnawer Strona Główna GLASSgnawer
homo homini lupus est ;]

POMOCPOMOC   FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   UżytkownicyUżytkownicy   GrupyGrupy   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

who at the 1999 NFL Draft couldnt stop booing

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum GLASSgnawer Strona Główna -> Pomysły WoD
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
ruogu1234
Cliath

PostWysłany: Sro Gru 04, 2019 02:15    Temat postu: who at the 1999 NFL Draft couldnt stop booing Odpowiedz z cytatem

WINNIPEG -- Hes certainly not what you would call reed thin but a trimmer Dustin Byfuglien says hes ready to do his part to make the Winnipeg Jets a playoff team. The big blue-liner is a man of few words and shrugged off any suggestion he had worked a lot harder to get in shape. "I was on the ice a little bit more, doing what I had to do to come to camp ready to go," he said as Jets training camp opened this week. "When I was on the ice I just did a little bit more skating ... working on the edges and the stick handling and puck movement, just a little bit more than I used to do." At six foot five and a listed weight of 265 pounds, Byfuglien has a booming shot and is the kind of impact player that can make or break the teams playoff hopes. Hes part of a core group of players the Jets have kept together as they prepare for a full season in a new division and a new conference. Byfuglien believes a strong foundation is key for the team to succeed. "Its big, I mean you look at Chicago,`he said. "Theyve kept their core together for a long time." Byfuglien has experience in the Windy City, winning a Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks in 2010. He was drafted by Chicago in 2003 and was dealt to the Atlanta Thrashers in June 2010, the year before they moved to Winnipeg. Byfuglien was a defenceman when drafted but the Blackhawks tried to turn him into a forward. He moved back to defence with the Thrashers and has spent most of his time with the Jets in that role. In 2011-12, he was the second highest-scoring defenceman in the NHL with 53 points in just 66 games. Last season he came in at No. 11 on the list with 28 points in 43 games. He was also one of four Jets invited to the U.S. Olympic hockey orientation camp this year in advance of the Sochi Olympics. Coach Claude Noel said he`d like to see a little more consistency from Byfuglien, although he adds that hes not the only player who needs to work on that aspect of the game. Byfuglien said he understands and that hes ready to work hard to be at his best in every game. "Same as every year," he said. "Try to be at the top. Try to be the best player I can be and try to take over games." Few players have the ability to take control of the play the way Byfuglien can. He can use his size to great advantage and has the versatility and scoring touch to make a big difference. "When hes on top of his game hes one of the best in the league," said fellow defenceman Zach Bogosian. "Hes a very special player." Last year there was the pre-season distraction of an impaired boating charge in his home state of Minnesota on top of an abbreviated camp and lockout-shortened season. Byfuglien said its nice not to have any distractions this season. "Absolutely. Things happen and youve got to deal with it." He added that there is really only one formula for success this season if the Jets want to make the playoffs -- something the franchise managed only once in 2007 in Atlanta. "All 20 guys playing every night and battling and knowing whats at stake and knowing that all we want to do is make that first playoff round, and it all sets itself up from there." Where can one buy good quality but cheap jerseys .C. United on Wednesday night. Forward Bright Dike scored the games only goal in the 85th minute on a foggy night in Bradenton, Fla. How to Buy Cheap Jerseys . Speaking on TSN Radio 1050s TSN Drive with Dave Naylor on Monday, Colangelo said he had no intention of tanking the shortened 2011-12 season, but definitely wanted a high pick in the draft. "I wish that word wasnt used for headline reasons," said Colangelo, "but the story behind it was: how can we fix the system? How can we tweak the system to make it less likely that teams are rewarded for losing records? "I do believe that if youre as transparent as we were at the time - with our season seat holders, our fans, the market place and the media - everybody knew what the plan was and what we were going through. https://www.wheretobuycheapjerseys.com/ . -- Detroit Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera has a broken bone below his right eye after being struck by a bad-hop grounder, sidelining the star slugger for at least a week with opening day on deck. What is a good website to buy sports jerseys . -- Arkansas didnt need a spectacular dunk to beat No. What is the best place to buy knockoff jerseys . Directly ahead was open field, the end zone and the Seattle Seahawks place in the NFC championship game.On draft day in 1991, a young quarterback by the name of "Brett Favor" was selected 33rd overall by the Atlanta Falcons. I dont know who this Favor guy is, but he sure looks a lot like Brett Favre who won a Super Bowl with the Green Bay Packers. Chris Berman handled the improper pronunciation of “Favre” a lot better than he handled Jon Gruden cursing on national television. Warning: the video below contains expletive language. At least Berman tried to stop Gruden from swearing on TV, unlike these Philadelphia Eagles fans, who at the 1999 NFL Draft couldnt stop booing and cussing at their future 6x Pro BBowl winning quarterback Donovan McNabb.dddddddddddd McNabb may have been booed at the 1999 draft, but at least he doesnt feel the wrath every year. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell gets loudly booed each and every draft. Football fans use the draft as an opportunity to voice their displeasure with Goodell. I think someone needs a hug... A hug Dontari Poe! I said a hug! And at the end of the day, nothing is as bad as what the New York Jets do on a yearly basis. Catch the first round of the NFL Draft Thursday starting at 7:30pm et/ 4:30pm pt on TSN2 and TSN GO and follow along on TSN.ca for every pick. ' ' '
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Wysłany: Sro Gru 04, 2019 02:15    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum GLASSgnawer Strona Główna -> Pomysły WoD Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: