Forum GLASSgnawer Strona Główna GLASSgnawer
homo homini lupus est ;]

POMOCPOMOC   FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   UżytkownicyUżytkownicy   GrupyGrupy   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

the start of the fourth quarter

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum GLASSgnawer Strona Główna -> Różne
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
ruogu1234
Cliath

PostWysłany: Sro Lis 06, 2019 02:54    Temat postu: the start of the fourth quarter Odpowiedz z cytatem

HOUSTON -- Jay Bruce got off to a slower than expected start this season. He soon warmed up, and with the post-season approaching, the Cincinnati slugger certainly isnt slowing down. Bruce hit a grand slam and had five RBIs, Mike Leake pitched eight scoreless innings and the Reds cruised to a 10-0 win over Houston on Tuesday night, handing the Astros their 100th loss. The home run was Bruces 30th, giving him at least 30 homers in three straight seasons. His performance pushed his RBI total to 100, which is a career high. "Thirty home runs is almost automatic if he stays healthy because thats his swing," manager Dusty Baker said. "But it was great to see him get his 100 RBIs, especially with the fact that he started off struggling in the RBI department. "We had (Sin-Soo) Choo on all the time and we had Joey (Votto) on all the time and he had quite a few chances. Now hes cashing them in and hopefully it continues into the playoffs." Cincinnati is 4 1/2 games ahead of Washington for second NL wild card. The Astros are the first major league team to lose at least 100 games in three straight seasons since Kansas City from 2004-06. "Im always going to concentrate on the things we need to do to improve," Houston manager Bo Porter said when asked about losing 100 games. "I dont concern myself with what it is people are going to say. I concern myself about the men in that clubhouse and how were going to get better every day." The Reds got to work early, with Zack Cozart driving in two runs in a four-run first inning. Cincinnati was up by five in the fourth before Bruces towering slam to the Crawford Boxes in left field pushed the lead to 9-0 and chased Jordan Lyles (7-Cool. Leake (14-6) allowed five hits over eight innings and struck out six with two walks. Sean Marshall, who hadnt pitched since May 20 because of shoulder tendinitis, threw a perfect ninth to complete the shutout. The Reds tagged Lyles for nine hits and nine runs in 3 1-3 innings. The Astros, who have the worst record in the majors, fell to 51-100. They were 56-106 in 2011 and dropped to 55-107 last year, their final season in the National League. With a rookie-filled team and the lowest payroll in the majors, the Astros have had plenty of lopsided games this year. But even in an already dismal year, the night they eclipsed the century mark yet again was particularly ugly. Things went downhill quickly for the Astros. Lyles had a two-base error when he fielded a high-bouncing grounder hit by Brandon Phillips and badly overthrew first base with one out in the first. An RBI single by Bruce made it 1-0. Xavier Paul walked to load the bases and Todd Fraziers single pushed the lead to 2-0. Cozart wrapped up the scoring in that inning with a two-RBI single to make it 4-0. The bottom of the first didnt go any better for Houston. Jonathan Villar hit a leadoff single, but was thrown out trying to stretch it into a double. But it wasnt just that he was thrown out, but the way he was thrown out that was embarrassing. Villar slid into second base, but Phillips already had the ball before he began the slide. The always flamboyant Phillips reached backward between his legs to apply the tag as Villar crashed head-first into Phillips backside. "Thats the way I play," Villar said. "Im aggressive. I was trying to make something happen, motivate my team. Its hard to change because thats the way Ive always played." Phillips said he wasnt trying to showboat, and he initially didnt realize that Villar was coming. "The crowd let me know that he was coming to second base," Phillips said. "I just had to quickly put the tag between my legs. Thats the only reason I tagged him. If I didnt hear the crowd, I would have just caught it and looked around and he would have been safe." However, he probably could have tagged him in a less showy way. "Thats me," he said with a laugh. "I do things off the wall, yes." Baker laughed when asked about the play. "Ask Brandon," he said. "I think he gets bored sometimes." Cozart added an RBI single in the third to extend Cincinnatis lead to 5-0. Derrick Robinson walked with no outs in the fourth inning before Shin-Soo Choo drew a walk. A one-out walk by Votto loaded the bases to set up the slam by Bruce, which chased Lyles. It was his first grand slam since Sept. 5, 2008. NOTES: The series wraps up on Wednesday when Houstons Brad Peacock opposes Greg Reynolds. ... Votto extended his hitting streak at Minute Maid Park to 23 games, which is the longest by a player in the parks history. Fake Penguins Jerseys . Plata blasted a rising shot to the upper left corner for his team-leading seventh goal of the season. He got the kick after referee Allen Chapman ruled Chris Tierney fouled John Stertzer in the penalty area. Penguins Jerseys 2019 . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday. https://www.cheappenguinsjersey.com/ .Martin Caceres marked his return from injury by scoring in the 3-1 win at Napoli and he believes Juventus sent out a warning to the rest of the league with that result.We go out on the pitch every game looking to give our all, Caceres said. Stitched Penguins Jerseys . Almost 40 years to the day, the two teams will meet again, this time at BC Place, to celebrate the past and try to earn important points for the present. Wholesale Penguins Jerseys . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91.PORTLAND, Ore. - Damian Lillard scored 24 points, including a tiebreaking 3-pointer with 1:14 left, and the Portland Trail Blazers rallied for a 102-93 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Monday night.LaMarcus Aldridge, back after missing one game with an illness, had 22 points and nine rebounds to help the Blazers win their fifth straight.Anthony Davis had 31 points and 11 rebounds for the Pelicans, who couldnt hold a 16-point, third-quarter lead.Wesley Matthews hit a 3 to tie it at 91, and Robin Lopezs layup gave Portland its first lead of the second half with 2:23 left. Lillards 3-pointer put the Blazers in front 96-93, and they made free throws the rest of the way for the final margin.Aldridge returned after sitting out a game because of an upper respiratory illness. Portland starting forward Nicolas Batum missed his fourth straight game because of a bruised right knee.Batum had said he hoped to return in time for this game.The Pelicans were without centre Omer Asik, who is nursing a sore back. The 7-footer was averaging nine points and 10 rebounds. Alexis Ajinca started in his place.The Blazers jumped out to an 8-0 lead but the Pelicans came back to tie it at 11 on Davis basket, and the teams wrestled back and forth from there.ddddddddddddRyan Andersons 3-pointer for New Orleans tied the game at 35 — and touched off a 10-2 Pelicans run capped by another basket from Anderson.The Pelicans stayed in front for a 49-42 lead at the break, then came out of the locker room with a 9-2 run to go ahead 58-44.Tyreke Evans hit a 3-pointer that put New Orleans up 77-62 before the start of the fourth quarter.CJ McCollum made a 3 and Aldridge hit a long jumper that closed Portland to 85-80 with 7:24 left.Davis answered with a tip shot, but Aldridges layup on the other end kept it close and Lopezs layup narrowed the lead to 87-84 with 6:03 to go.___TIP-INSPelicans: It was the first of a four-game Western swing. ... F Luke Babbitt began his NBA career with the Blazers from 2010-2013. After a brief stint in Russia, he signed with New Orleans last February.Trail Blazers: Lillard, who got off to a slow start this season, turned it up and on Monday was selected the Western Conference player of the week. In three games last week, Lillard averaged 28 points, 4.7 rebounds and 8.7 assists.UP NEXTNew Orleans visits the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday night.Portland hosts the Chicago Bulls on Friday night. ' ' '
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Wysłany: Sro Lis 06, 2019 02:54    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum GLASSgnawer Strona Główna -> Różne Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: